My goals are going to be based on my (largely unrealized) 2015 goals:
- Hit the trails for 200 miles.
- Go backpacking at least three times.
- Join my friend Dick for his annual hike - at age 91 this year - up Mount Washington in New Hampshire. This will be scheduled in June by Dick, and I will join him if at all possible. Since I work, we will have to pick a week and hope that the notorious weather up on the Mountain will let us do it, and that there will be vacancies in the Appalachian Mountain Club huts.
- Take a week-long hiking vacation.
- Lead at least two group hikes.
- Continue to master my DeLorme Inreach Explorer. This one will be a little difficult to measure, but it has a lot of capabilities that I don't know how to use yet.
- Take hikes in at least five of Virginia's wonderful state parks.