Monday, December 17, 2012

What Am I?

I saw this animal in the little pond near the Hodge Memorial on Saturday's hike to Back Bay National Wildlife Refuge.  I know you can figure this one out.

Are you all set to start this game?
Three words in all make up my name

My name comes from my feathers hue -
And from my height - I think that's true

To never meet me is the wish
Of any self-preserving fish

As fish and frogs my sight should fear
With my sharp bill I can them spear

With my long legs with ease I wade
With wings the water I can shade

So that I can thus spot my prey
And have fish dinner this fine day

My color is a blueish-grey
I'm four feet tall I think I'd say

Okay, then
enough clues!
Scroll
D
O
W
N
to see
the
answer!

How with guessing are you fairin'?
For I am a great blue heron



2 comments:

  1. You threw an easy one in there. : )
    I love to watch the herons. I'm lucky to see these often around the lake.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep, kind of lobbed a nice, slow one right over the plate with that riddle. They are a very cool bird. I've always loved them.

    ReplyDelete