Thursday, December 5, 2019

Map Summary of Four Recent SNP Hikes

This map shows very well how much hiking I've done recently in the same area of Shenandoah National Park's Southern District.  Four recent hikes have their tracks mapped here.  It's one of my favorite parts of the entire park, plus it is really rugged and remote.  I've now explored every trail in the area.

The four hikes, representing 51 miles on the trail, in order by date are:

Red Star - Brown Mountain / Rocky Mountain, October 19
Yellow Star - Rockytop / Big Run Backpacking, November 2-4
Purple Star - Appalachian Trail from Doyles River to Simmons Gap, November 9
Blue Star - Patterson Ridge, November 21

Not shown is my Doyles River hike (just south of this region) on 26 with my friend Doug, or my hikes of two days ago (yet to be written up), where I saw my first bear in a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment