Tuesday, January 8, 2019

Out with the Old, in with the New!

I was lucky enough to retire during 2018, and thus got to hike more.  To summarize:

27 hikes total for 356.6 miles.
5 were backpacking trips of two to nine days for 238.1 miles
The other 22 hikes were day hikes for 118.5 miles.

I haven't thought much about goals for 2019.  I would like to hit 400 miles though, and maybe half of that backpacking.  I'd like to get out backpacking more often but maybe not for as many long trips.  Of my backpacking trips, two involved a total of four nights, and the other three involved a total of 20 nights.

I'd like to complete all of the miles in at least one section of Shenandoah National Park, probably the southern section.  I hope to do that by camping out more so I can hike several days for each trip all the way up to the mountains.

I'd like to go on at least one week-long backpacking trip.

I did more hiking with groups than solo, and I'd like to continue that trend.  And I led a number of hikes last year, including 3 of the backpacking trips.  I want to keep leading hikes, but would like to get some first aid training.

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

2 comments:

  1. Lots of good hiking done in 2019 and a lot of miles.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is for sure, hoping to do even more in 2019, but I am not sure I will go on as many long backpacking trips.

      Delete